Friday, February 4, 2011

Brown + Blue = Green?

Hello Everyone!


It has been quite some time since I have posted on here! I have plenty of things to talk about, but I'm sure you can relate to the way assignments, social events, and an actual social life all seem to pile up at once sometimes. But never fear--I have returned!

Please excuse the fact that this commentary is quite delayed, but I encounter confusion on this topic quite often since its occurrence. You're probably sitting there thinking "what the HECK is she TALKING ABOUT?! Get to the POINT already!" Well. It concerns the Green Lounge--previously named the Brown Lounge. When we were leaving for Christmas break, some of you may have noticed that the Brown Lounge suddenly became void of furniture, albeit that furniture was looking pretty old and well-sat-in (as opposed to well-worn). It was also blue. So the Brown Lounge had blue furniture, but then had none.

During the exam period, new furniture was slowly brought in ... nice leather couches, leather chairs, barista tables and chairs, etc. So I saw this new furniture and thought, "Well, that's nice! Those look comfy! It'll be a new hot spot!" And I was right. I used to only see a few stragglers sitting in the couches in the Brown Lounge (with the blue chairs), but now I wouldn't be able to find a seat 75% of the time that I go through there. However, I am slightly confused as to a naming decision.

The Brown Lounge with the blue chairs is now named the Green Lounge and has brown chairs ... does this defy anyone else's logic? It was re-named after Murray Green (click here for the information on Nipissing's website about the re-naming), but the whole colour change really makes me think every time I walk through there. Don't get me wrong, the furniture is nice; it just all seems so ironic! Brown with blue to Green with Brown ... and what are the chances that both surnames after which the lounges were named would be colours?!

Anyone have any comments of their own? Do you use the lounge a lot more? Were you even aware of the name change?

Also, final sidenote, we have now had hits from: America, Denmark, Malaysia, Germany, France, Russia, and Singapore! Interesting.

5 comments:

  1. That is hysterical! Glad you guys got new furniture though. That's great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great! They're quite comfortable. Glad you can share the humour :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally love the leather couches, including the one outside the library. They're so much more comfortable than the old ones and don't have wooden arms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good point about the wooden arms; they were just as uncomfortable as the metal arms on the couches in residence ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was confusing when they changed it ...

    ReplyDelete